Accomplished and motivated Technician/Analyst with over 10 years experience in communications, programming, and wiring. Has consistently demonstrated a track record of reliability, expertise, leadership, and adaptability. Has excellent interpersonal communication skills with experience working with team members to achieve common objectives.
- 7 years experience in the communications industry through work at Shaw Communications.
- 3 years experience in wire running troubleshooting and installation.
- Familiar with open source VoIP software including Asterisk.
- Multiple operating systems including: Linux, Windows, macOS.
- Linux server administration, familiar with VLANs and Subnetting
- Knowledge of Office programs.
Coll-West Electric—Electrician Apprentice and Data Specialist, September 2014—May 2017.
Responsible for wiring new and existing homes. Troubleshot and corrected malfunctioning circuits. Repaired and refit fire alarm systems and emergency lighting. Had sole responsibility for data wiring. Operated scissor lifts and other access equipment. Acted as point of contact for customers and relating job requirements. Excelled in conveying work in an easy to understand manner with minimal jargon.
- Worked on a large assortment of sites, from small apartments, to standard homes, to restaurants, to large 10,000+ ft2 mansions.
- Known and asked for by name when any partner companies required any voice/data/video work.
- Modernized the company's IT infrastructure, migrating the company from paper and filing cabinet, to a custom built software system. Revamped the email system and front facing website.
Shaw Communications—Installer and Equipment Recovery, August 2013—September 2014.
Responsible for installing Shaw Services and equipment. Disconnected and collected equipment for addresses that were scheduled to be disconnected. Met fixed appointment windows at diverse locations across the city. Made time between calls to help coworkers who required assistance at other locations. Picked up extra calls when other technicians were unable to meet their appointments.
- Aided successfully in helping Shaw meet quarter end new install push.
- With a team of 4 others successfully launched and made viable a Equipment Recovery team.
Shaw Communications—Help Desk and Tech Support, October 2007—March 2015.
Resolved issues for customers on backend systems. Trained and mentored new employees on how to use and manage shaw systems. Provided support for other employees in the Tier 2 role.
- Created and authored a support Wiki utilized company wide.
- Exceeded handle time performance expectations, extremely punctual rarely having any lates. Excellent attendance throughout my tenure at shaw.
Pembina Trails School Division—Educational Assistant, September 2005—June 2008.
Taught the computer element of graphic arts and video production at Vincent Massey Collegiate. Created and executed lesson plans. Assisted high school students that were having trouble on a one on one basis.
- Converted the lab from a random array of computers into a centrally managed effective workspace for the students.
- Upgraded the class from analog only to a fully integrated digital workflow.
Red River College, 2017.
Completed Level 3 for Construction Electrician.
Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology, 2011—2012.
Completed Level 1 and 2 for Construction Electrician.
Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology, 2006—2007.
Obtained two computer administration certificates; CCIE and CCNA1.
Habitat for Humanity Winnipeg, May 2014, July 2015, and June 2017.
Over 48 hours of framing and landscaping volunteer work.